Saturday, September 29, 2007

"TERROR EVANGELISM"

I have never really wrote out my thoughts on "TERROR EVANGELISM" before so here goes. I define "TERROR EVANGELISM" as any means where any kind of pressure, whether physical or mental, is used to get others to change their views to your views is used. this includes the Inquisition, the crusades and my particular favorite hell and damnation preaching. To me these tactics produce a fear of God that is not true and they produce a conversion out of this unrealistic fear. The conversion for the most part is a conversion that produces no fruit and no love. For the most part these kind of tactic produce fear, hatred, depression and other unwanted and unneeded feeling instead of the joy that a conversion into the love of God produces. First I think the anti- abortion groups (not all but most) are hurting the people that have chosen this route more than helping. They are not showing the love of God to the ones that need it the most, the ones that have chosen abortion. These people have made several bad choices to get to this point and they are probably feeling very unloved at this point anyway and the attention brought on them by the demonstrations is only making them feel more unloved and building a bigger wall between them and the only thing that can bring them true joy, GOD. The lives that are aborted are going to be with God, that's a given, the souls in jeopardy are the ones that made the choice, where is the concern and love for them? I'm sure some will see me as callused but I think the soul in jeopardy should be the focus. when the souls that are in jeopardy are loved into Christ then and only then will things change. Brow beating, embarrassing and other such tactics do not show love and do not bring those in need to Christs presence. I know that the hell and damnation preaching of my youth did not bring me into Christs presence, it drove me further away, I thought that a god that was like the one that I had been taught about would never accept me and he was looking for the first opportunity to strike me dead. The "Christians" saw were not joyful, most of them frowned all through service. Look around on Sunday morning, at least half the crowd is frowning. Should those people be in church? Sure they should be, maybe they will find the Joy Of God. All I'm saying is that love is the only thing that is going to change the world, not demonstrations, not browbeating and nothing else that does not show love is going to change things. It might drive the things we want changed underground where it is even far more dangerous but it won't change it. What changed me was people who knew who I was loved me anyway, accepted me where I was and loved me into a relationship with God.

2 comments:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Okay so the posting time says 4:38am - Dude get some sleep!!!! I know you have to be at work with the sparrows, just heckling you.

I love what you said about the people who know you and still love you. That is how I feel. I treasure the relationships with people who know my stuff and love me more. It is only because of God that can experience that.

Pam said...

This is GREAT! I feel the same way about the protesters and such. Neither of my brothers attends church now because of the hell fire sermons given them in our church growing up. I remember one time the preacher pointing them out and condemning them right in the service. They never wanted to go back after that and their behavior just got worse. I pray someday they will feel the love and come back to God. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.